Education Networks are a Health Education England initiative and WKEN was one of the first in the South East; along with two neighbouring networks in Kent.
We combine workforce development with a structured on-going learning provision for all staff – a single solution to all your training and development needs. We will draw on skills and knowledge across our area.
By joining forces with local GP Tutors and Primary Care Education Facilitators, we have developed a network which currently includes representation and links with:
We have plans to expand our network to include Public Health England, care and nursing homes, hospices, and the third sector.
Funding for WKEN has been allocated from Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEE, KSS).
Who we are.
Below is an organisation chart identifying the members of the Operations Group.
Below is an organisation chart identifying the members of the PCN Lead Nurse Group.
Key Responsibilities of the PCN Lead Nurse role:
- To provide a point of access for the workforce in the PCN and stimulate communities of practice.
- To promote mentoring.
- To lead the work of the PCNs improving communication quality, sharing good practice and streamlining processes to develop Primary Care that can operate at scale across PCNs.
- To lead on developing the functions of the PCNs which help practices work collaboratively and achieve efficiencies through economies of scale.
- To facilitate the federation in supporting struggling/failing practices achieve high quality standards of nursing, enhancing quality of care and nursing competence.
- To provide support for eﬀective continuing professional development.
- To attend and actively participate in the PCN meetings.
- To perform the duties expected of the PCN and liaise with CDs and WKEN (West Kent Education Network).
- To support the PCNs in its aim to improve retention and recruitment of its nursing workforce.
- To take part in PCN PLT events in conjunction with CD and Practice Manager leads.
- Meet regularly with the six other Practice Nurse PCN leads (Bi – monthly).
- Link with WKEN to support and encourage a strong and eﬀective sustainable workforce with knowledge of the GPFV.